Saturday, May 15, 2010

Chinese teacher in U.S.

Hi Kevin,

This is Daphne.Please try to correct my grammar/words if you are free to read this,because I didnt use dictionary/translation this time,thanks alot;)

After I read the post in NY Times, I want to talk about my view.I am not totally agree with her. I was born in Hong Kong.Hong Kong is part of China. But I can say HK and China are kind of different, no matter education or life.
She said that "In China, they study and study and study, they dont have a lot of activities to do after classes like Amercian students. I think it's not really true, because China is getting progress than before. It changed.But likes pregnancy problems, she is true. It's rare to see teenagers got pregnant.If you get pregnant in China or HK under 16. The man who did it with you that he would get in jail.
And I admitted it, a lot of amercian or western were misunderstanding Chinese people.They thought Chinese people are mean, greedy,selfish,dirty...etc. It was just part of peoples. Like Hong Kongers, we read the news and it was saying some chinese people was doing bad business for earning more money. We hated it.They are embarrassing Chinese and get a bad impress of China.I think she is doing hard to want to change the students's mind here.She wants to let all the American knows the real Chinese culture and involved all the misunderstand from China. Although I think it is pretty tough for her. But,I feel happy for her,and I believe that she would love here.She is still young,she can earns more experience,learns or realizes the Amercian culture through teaching class in U.S.It's good for her. Even this job is difficult, but I believe that she would earns more than lose.


-----

Daphne, this is the correction:

After reading the post in NY Times, I want to talk about my view.I do not totally agree with her. I was born in Hong Kong.Hong Kong is part of China. But I can say HK and China are kind of different, no matter whether in education or in life.

She said, "In China, they study and study and study; they don't have a lot of activities to do after classes like Amercian students." I think it's not really true, because China is getting more progress than before. It has changed.But concerning pregnancy problems, she is right. It's rare to see teenagers get pregnant.If you get pregnant in China or HK under 16, the man who did it with you would get in jail.

I admit that a lot of Americans or westerners misunderstand Chinese people.They think Chinese people are mean, greedy,selfish,dirty, etc. It is just part of peoples. In the case of Hong Kongers, we read the news and when it reported that some Chinese people were doing bad business to earn more money, we hated it. They are embarrassing Chinese and giving a bad impression of China.I think she is working hard in an effort to change the students mind here.She wants to let all the Americans knows the real Chinese culture and dissolve all the misunderstandings from China. Although I think it is pretty tough for her, I feel happy for her,and I believe that she will love being here. She is still young and can earn more experience,learn or realize the American culture through teaching classes in the U.S. It's good for her. Even though this job is difficult, I believe that she will earn more than she loses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home