Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Classmate

I would like to introduce you to my two partners, Kay and Shizuka. Kay is from South Korea and he have been living with his younger sister in Flushing for five months. His parents are still in his country. His purpose for studying English now is to go to a good college in Amercia. He loves Amercia because he can try the different countries' food, go shopping, and meet different countries's friends. Soccer is the most pupurla sport in Korea, so he always plays soccer when he has free time.

Shizuka is a Japanese student. She has been living in New York City for five months with her Japanese friend. Her purpose for studying English now is get a good job in Japan. She loves Amercia because she has spent the last summar in Williamsburg and she thinks that was awesome. She likes to walk around with her friends in New York City to get more exprience. I'm so glad to meet them both because I think that can help me learn a lot not only about Amercia but some other countries.

Sincerely,
Raven Kan

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

I have noticed that soccer is wildly popular in Korea. I remember the World Cup and the enthusiasm of Korean fans. Recently, a Korean ice skater set a new world record. I think Koreans enjoy competitive sports.

The name "Shizuka" interests me. It seems to reflect the Japanese culture. It means "quiet," I think. Maybe some American people give their child the name "Noisy." It might accurately reflect American culture.

Thu Apr 16, 04:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home