Thursday, October 05, 2006

telc students and teacher

The one who I respect (9/29/06)
Tee’
Being a Creative person in Thailand is not only the ideal job for the young guns but also a highly respectd one everywhere.
5 years ago, I was qualified to attend the BAD workshop that stimulated a number of new creative students to work as the rookies in the advertising world.I got to know many outstanding friends there.
Most of them were expected to be the new creative generation of Thailand,Called Young Blood.One of the A group,Songkran, who is called SK, had a lot of fresh works and was watched with interesting from many successful creative directors. Unfortunately His life was changed in one day afternoon after being called from the Army,and he stepped back very gratefully.
2 years later, everybody was surprised when he said that he had changed his field to be a teacher at an out of city college instead of being famous in an advertising company. 2 years in army changed him that much. He answered with a smile when I asked him frequent questions by showing me the portfolios.I was surprised by them. They seemed to me not to be his works and I was right. He showed his students’ works and explained why he decided to change his life. To be the best creative person in the advertising world was really great and it was a big challenge to him and he would be really proud of himself when he was retiring in the future. But to help students who get lost in life and give them the opportunities they need were more attractive. He said to be success in life was not just only to reach the top of the world but also to get someone who was down and raise him shining.Those were the better ideas he had gotten from the Army.
Talking to him made me think about many things in life and ask myself What kind of person I wanted to be? But now it’s very clear in my mind who is the person I most respect.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

There is the theory of the "underdog." He is the person who usually loses. He is a kind of anti-hero. The New York Mets is an "underdog" baseball team. We root for the underdog, not the team that usually wins. In your composition, you explore the meaning of success and discover that success is not always obvious.

Fri Oct 06, 02:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home