Wednesday, October 04, 2006

telc students and teacher

telc students and teacher



kim seon young


respect



When I was at university I met a professor in art class, Moon Bum, who is a famous artist.

Even though he is a Korean artist I can see his works in N.Y. He had wit and charism, so he

was very popular in the school. However, in class, he seemed very cold and strict.

When I took a class the first time I didn't know what to draw. I felt like breath in the

sea. My brain was like a deep dark room and a white paper. One day I showed him and classmates

my work. He was thinking a few minutes. It seemed that he didn't like the style of my picture.

My painting was very simple and meaninglessness. He asked, "Why don't you read modern art books?"

That meaning was that my work was out of fashion. Students were laughing. I was shocked. I was

stressed the whole day from what I drew. I was afraid of him and hated him.

Afer class, I followed him. In his offoice I said thah I didn't know what to drew. He said that

I had to read a lot of art books. I didn't have to buy books. I should just look and feel.

By the way, My work was getting better because I had been thinking a lot everyday. and then

I went to bookstore everyday. I realised that he made me get better. If he didn't give me a shock,

probably I would never notice art. I have respected him until now. He was respected by many studednts.

After I came here I called him. I said that I came in N.Y to stuedied English. He told me to study English

for seventeen hours a day. so I said. "I don't awake during seventeen hours." He just laughed. He always say

to do everthing hard. I would like to be an artist like him.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Someone said that an artist one must choose the difficult way. Artists never take the easy way.

Wed Oct 04, 10:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home