Thursday, October 05, 2006

telc students and teacher

telc students and teacher

Jin-hyun Choi

When I was young I liked my father but I think I didn't respect him like famous

person(like Sun-Shin Lee: famous a Korean admiral or Lincoln). Because I thought he

was not strong(He is just 165cm and skinny.)and he was not rich. But one event made me

respect him very much. It happened when I was a middle school student.

Out family were going to watch movie. In front of the movie theater we saw that mafia

fought each other. In my hometown there were two mafia. They usually fought to increase

their area. Nobody stopped their fighting because people were frightened of mafia. But

my father didn't care and then he made them stop fighting. I was so surprised his

courage. And my mind was changed. I was curious how he had such strong courage. I knew

his courage came from his faith in God.

And also he has will power. When he was 56 years old he started to worry about his

health. He was still skinny but he had fat on his belly. He thought it was not good

for him and he decided to exercise for a marathon. And then he started to exercise for

a marathon everyday except if it was raining or snowing. And he was getting healthy and

has got six packs on his body. Also he finished the full course marathon many times.

When I was in the army I was proud of my health. So during my vacation I wanted to

run with him. We ran 7 miles. I was exhausted but he still had more energy. I was

surprised again.

Not only is that why I respect my father. Also he is honest, he doesn't like money...

etc. I like things ablut my father and I want to be like him.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

A man running at your father's age is admirable, without doubt.It is interesting to consider the different aspects of a person. There is the body and there is the mind. Is there anything else?

Fri Oct 06, 02:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home