Wednesday, November 16, 2005

telc students and teacher

Juana Juarez
Writing 4.1
11/15/05

This is about a sad experience in this country:

I work in a Video store,its nickname is "Peliculas en espaƱol" (movies in Spanish) all videos are in Spanish or with subtitles in Spanish. One time a man went to the store and he wanted to buy a movie named "Mi querido viejo" and I said: You can find it in the left side, but he gave 3 or 4 rounds, and after wards he said to me, please help me because I don't know how to read. I helped him and he bought 5 or 6 movies. In the store when the customers buy several movies we open a member card for them and when they return to the store we give them 1 free movie, then I told him: "You write your name in the card" but I was surprised when he said: please you copy my name from my paper I don't know how to write. I commented this to my husband and he told me that this is common.

My surprise was big, because in my country when the people don't know how to read or write, don't have money. Here, there are people that have money but don't know how to read and write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home