Monday, November 21, 2005

telc students and teacher: kamila

KAMILA PARCIAK

I feel happy here because I have gotten married and I’ll have my own family.

I feel I have become an adult here. In my country I lived with my parents and they took care of me, but now it has changed.

When they came to visit me I had to take care of them. I was proud of that because I could show them my responsibility.

I always know my native country will always be better than New York because I have got those feelings in my heart and in my blood.

I was born there. But, on the other hand I live here and I feel comfortable.

Culture in New York doesn’t cause me any problems with my lifestyle. I know how I want to lead my life.

I prefer the culture of my country. My parents taught me that.

So I choose ways which I am sure of.
I like to cook Polish food, but sometimes I go to buy food from different countries.

I don’t like really American food.

I can say New York is changing my life. I am happy here because I can go to school.

I can see many interesting things, also get to know a lot of people from different cultures

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Kamila,

We are glad you are learning about a young culture undergoing changes. Your presence and that of the family your are making enrich New York.

Mon Nov 28, 04:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home