Monday, November 21, 2005

The difference

Shin

I some times feel uncomfortable here because cultures are different from Korea and Asia.
In Korea, people try to think about other people’s feelings. Unlike in Korea, in New York people think of their feelings first.
For example, in Korea, when people want to divorce they think about their families. If they divorced their family’s relationship also would be destroyed. In Korea people’s opinion about divorce is influenced by neighbors. People who think about divorce talk with their neighbors, even though they know their neighbors don’t have the correct answer about divorce. In contrast to Korea, Americans are not often influenced by neighbors or their family. They talk less with their brother and sister about divorcing very seriously because they aren’t very concerned with their family, like uncles or ants.
When I met my conversation paternal in the International Center, I could feel the difference between Korea and America. While he tries to see my eyes on class time, I try to see his nose or mouth. When I asked him why he tries to see my eyes, he said, “It looks more professional.” But it is very rude in Korea.
I think Koreans usually think about “we” while Americans think about “I”. That is a reason for the differences. I want to be a wise person who can understand other country’s cultures very well.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Shin,

I would only suggest you notice a distinguishing feature of the United States, the great variety in thought and behavior of its peoples, which makes this country unique in the world.

Mon Nov 28, 04:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home