Saturday, November 07, 2015

Work

What is a normal day at work for you?

Where is the most interesting place you have ever visited for your job?

Do you meet interesting people?

Are you under pressure at your job?

Can you relax when you are working?

Is there anything bad about your job?

Do you have a dream job?


On a normal day I arrive at work at eight-thirty and begin preparing for the first patient. I ask the doctor what special arrangements the patient needs, and I set up tools he wants. I continue this for patients who come later in the morning. At about noon I take a lunch break for one hour. I eat outside but in a park instead of a restaurant or coffee shop. I bring food from home every day to save money. The afternoon routine is similar to the morning. At four thirty, I finish the day and go home by subway, arriving in time to help my children with homework and make dinner. My schedule is really busy.

The most interesting place I have visited for my job is Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan. I saw the high quality of medical care available and the excellent care patients get.

I am under some pressure because the work is serious and details are important. A mistake could be disastrous.

I rarely can relax at my job. I am on my feet assisting the doctor and patients almost all the time.

There is nothing bad about my job, although I would like to have a few more weeks vacation every year.

I do not consider this a dream job, but it is a step toward the career I want and am studying for.

Silvia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home