Monday, April 17, 2006

telc students and teacher

Cultural Differences: Time in the USA nad in my country


Around the world there are different cultures and each one has specific ways to live. However, there are a lot of similar things between them.


The US is a country where you always can find hurring people but in the mornings or nigths it is horrible. There is traffic, people walking or running to get the bus or the subway. People can get stress easily because all the conditions are terrible. But this happens in my country too, Colombia where, from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM the traffic is chaotic, on the streets there are lot of people, cars, buses but never is so bad as New York city.


About the trains I can't say anything because we dont use trains. Buses have a different system in my country. You can find a lot of buses that go to the places you need to go whenever. Is my duty says that now we have Transmilenio and it uses a system that seems like the train system; the only difference is that it uses buses.


Appointments are so important in my country. Since I was a child my father always told me how important it is to be on time. It doesn't matter what kind of appointment it is, you must be punctual; that was what my father said. But, in Colombia also there are people that never worry about time although at schools it is very important to be on time. Time is so important that when someone forgots his/her watch he/she may feel naked.


New York seems like my country. People always are hurring to the appointments. Also business appointment are more important than fun appointments. In both countries people are used to being 15 minutes early for businees and for a party people are usually arrive 15 or 30 minutes after the agreed hour.


Alejandro Vesga

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home