Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gil Scott - Heron & Jamie XX by Juan Pablo



"I know you've been hurt by someone else
I can tell by the way you carry yourself
But if you let me here's what I'll do:
I'll take care of you

I've loved and lost the same as you
so you see i know what you've been through
and if you let me here's what I'll do
I'll take care of you

You won't ever have to worry
You won't ever have to cry
for I'll be there beside you
to dry your weeping eyes

So darling tell me
that you'll be true
there's no doubt in my mind
I know what I want to do

And just as sure as one and one is two
I know I'll take care of you

I'll take care of you

I'll take care of you

I'll take care of you."


This is one of my favorite track of the remixes album for Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie XX.

Gil Scott-Heron (born April 1, 1949) is an American poet, musician, and author known primarily for his late 1970s and early 1980s work as a spoken word performer and his collaborative soul works with musician Brian Jackson. His collaborative efforts with Jackson featured a musical fusion of jazz, blues and soul music, as well as lyrical content concerning social and political issues of the time, delivered in both rapping and melismatic vocal styles by Scott-Heron. The music of these albums, most notably Pieces of a Man and Winter in America in the early 1970s, influenced and helped engender later African-American music genres such as hip hop and neo soul. Scott-Heron's recording work is often associated with black militant activism and has received much critical acclaim for one of his most well-known compositions "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised". His poetic style has been influential upon every generation of hip hop since his popularity began.[1] In addition to being widely considered an influence in today's music, Scott-Heron is still active and in 2010 released his first new album in 16 years, entitled I'm New Here.


Jamie Smith (known by the stage name Jamie xx) is an English music producer and remix artist, and part of the London-based band The xx.

In 2007 Smith joined The xx accompanying old school friends Romy Madley Croft, Oliver Sim, Baria Qureshi from the Elliott School, notable for alumni including Hot Chip, Burial and Four Tet.[2] The band's first album "xx" was released in August 2009 and went on to become platinum in the UK.[3]

In July 2009, one month prior to the album release, The xx were presented by the FACT Magazine in their FACT mix series.[4] The tape was mixed by the then relatively unknown band member Jamie and featured amongst other tracks three exclusive Jamie xx edits and a solo production. His producing and remixing talent did not remain unnoticed and he received numerous opportunities to remix tracks for other artists like Florence + The Machine, Jack PeƱate and Glasser.[5]

Jamie xx went on to produce series of remixes of songs by Gil Scott-Heron from his 2010 album I'm New Here. The first remix single "NY Is Killing Me", credited to Hoodie Allen, Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie xx, aired on radio stations across the UK and Europe in late 2010, followed by "I'll Take Care Of U" in January 2011. Both singles drew a lot of attention by the public and critics and set the way for a 13-track remix album entitled "We're New Here", out February 21, 2011 on the XL Records label and produced entirely by Jamie xx. "We're New Here" received very positive critical acclaims and was named "masterpiece in its own right" by BBC's Ele Beattie.[1] A full album preview could be streamed on the website of The Guardian as early as February 14.[6]

As well as this, he remixed the singer Adele' sophmore album track rolling in the deep. This particular remix has been welcomed by many of his fans, and criticized by many released on Itunes on January 16 2011 US release date February 1 2011.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home