Friday, June 03, 2005

Diffrence

Koray
Each country has a different culture. People who go outside for any reason meet this differance. The differences can be language, religion, lifestyle, food... People who have gone outside should try to fare about the difference as quickly as possible

I thought about a lot of things before coming to the United States, because I would go to a different country and I would meet a new culture. I understood the difference easily after coming to here.

Everybody speak a lot in New York, and they speak loudly. Sometimes I think to myself, "What do people talk about?". When somebody starts talking, I guess he or she will speak forever! We don`t speak as much in Turkey as an American person, and also most people in Turkey don`t like a person who speaks too much. It is a difference of culture.

Everybody can say his or her idea easily, of course loudly. It is my experience in a public area. I have never been in a private place in the United States, but I think it is the same there too. Sometimes we can`t say everything in Turkey because of respect. Perhaps it is good but sometimes not.

I work for a restaurant. We have plenty of customers who are from the United States. Whwn we have a lot people at the same time, you can imagine the noise, especially on saturday nights. Sometimes I wish to be deaf.

I think Americans speak a lot to explain or describe something in detail, and also English has more vocabulary than Turkish. Therefore, I have two choices: The first one is to learn English quickly, and the second oneis to go back to Turkey(this one was a joke). I am going to the first one. I mean, I want to do make noise in the future...

KORAY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home