Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Removing life support

KAROL RODRIGUEZ
April 20, 2005





Removing life support from someone in a persistent vegetative state is a difficult decision; I think that nobody except God has the faculty to decide when or how a person should die. I also think that people have to die from a natural cause. Indeed if you are connected by a machine that supports your life this is not natural either it is an artificial life.


Maybe I seem to be contradicting my arguments, but for this reason I think that removing the life support is a difficult decision. Moreover in those cases the family of the sick person suffers a lot and always has the hope of a remote or impossible recovery of health.

1 Comments:

Blogger the blog said...

Karol,

It is very good that you are not afraid to contradict yourself. That is a sign of a superior intellect.

Thu Apr 21, 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home